Healthy liver function is vital to nearly 500 functions that keep your body healthy. The Liver is the second largest organ in the body (after the Skin) and comprises 2.5% of the body’s weight. The Liver participates in functions associated with the Cardiovascular System, Digestive System, Excretory System and Metabolism.
The primary functions the liver performs are:
- Stores and filters the blood to remove infectious organisms.
- The main function of the liver is the detoxification of toxic chemicals that enter the body.
- Is responsible for the metabolism of 90% of ingested alcohol.
- Alcohol (ethanol) is extremely toxic to the liver and is its primary enemy, due to the conversion of Ethanol to Acetaldehyde.
- Carbohydrates are converted to fats in the liver.
- Galactose and Fructose are converted to Glucose in the liver.
- Cholesterol is manufactured in the liver.
Liver Healthy Foods
Our gut health diet promotes healthy liver foods. Healthy gut foods keep your liver healthy and improves liver function, by doing so you are boosting your metabolism and enabling your liver to clear waste.
A part of your weight loss journey is to look after your liver and nurse it back to optimal health. We gently detox the liver with our programs and once you have lost your weight, we help to improve the liver with a high-quality liver health supplement.
On the other hand, a tired liver can leave you feeling old and weak long before your time …
Unlike your joints, which shout out loud by aching, burning or creaking, your liver suffers in near silence. To make matters worse, the few signs that your liver is tired and overburdened are easy to confuse with the common signs of aging.
Signs Of A Bad Liver:
There are many symptoms and signs your liver is not functioning well, including:
- Low energy
- Indigestion, bloating, constipation, gas and or diarrhea
- Foggy thinking
- Weight gain
- Stiff, aching, weak muscles, especially in your lower back and shoulders
- Poor sleep
- Slow wound healing
- And much more…
If you’re suffering from even one of the above, your liver could be crying out for help!