Lifestyle, as well as what we eat and drink, all have an impact on our gut health. Wondering how to promote good gut health in your everyday life? Here are our 5 tips for good gut health in 2020 as well as some of the best gut health foods you can eat.
- Keep your body hydrated with clean water, ideally 2 to 3 litres daily. Making sure you drink enough water each day is key to ensuring good gut health. Read more on the benefits of drinking water.
- Feed your body with wholesome and nutritionally dense food, preferably organic with no pesticides. When it comes to good gut health foods, fermented foods such as yoghurt, kefir, miso, sauerkraut, and kombucha have lots of the good bacteria and probiotics that promote good gut health. Learn more about the benefit of fermented foods by checking out this article 5 Reasons to Add More Fermented Foods to Your Diet.
- Add real salt to your diet. When we say real salt, we’re talking about either Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt. These salts hydrate cells and act as a natural anti-inflammatory. Understand more about the benefits of these salts.
- Incorporate a supplementation regime to catch the shortfall of vitamins and minerals that are not commonly present in Australian soils today.
- Exercise regularly and include both cardio and resistance training. Love going to the gym? Our Healthy Gym Diet has been developed specifically for people who love to work out and want to decrease their body fat percentage or gain muscle.
For more information on the best gut health foods or for ways you can boost your good gut health, contact one of Personal Health Educators today.