Okay, so you may have heard that it takes 90 days to create a new habit. Changing the way we eat then is going to take some time. When it comes to losing weight many of us view the notion of losing weight as a special diet. People can fail to realise that in order to maintain the weight we lose now, we need to create a solid foundation of healthy eating habits to ensure we keep that same weight off in the future. A great tool that we can all use to support us in this quest for forming healthy habits is apps on our phone. So, in our humble opinion, here are 3 great habit tracking apps which you can make good use of.
If you like the concept of a video-game style habit tracking app then this one is for you.
- It’s a game! Customise your profile and avatar and complete tasks to level-up
- Super social – integrate with friends who are also using the app and complete missions
- Fun, easy to use and get your head around, not to mention entertaining
Streaks uses bite-sized time chunks of 12-days to help you transform your bad habits into healthy ones.
- By focusing on just 12 days, the habit tracking app makes it easy to achieve your goals and remain motivated.
- Easily synced with tasks across all your devise by using iCloud. Plus it integrates with Health, another popular iOS app
- Super-personalisable interface; choose from a multitude of different colour themes, task icons and more. Side-note, it actually was a winner of the Apple Design Award.
Available on iOS.
This free habit tracking app has a pretty impressive background – a behavioural economist and a law professor from Yale University were the key developers of it. Plus it’s been around for over 12 years.
- From the very get-go you’ll create a Commitment Contract between the “present” and “future” you
- Invite someone to be your accountability partner so they can verify your progress and achievements
- Incentivize yourself by betting money on achieving your goals, and likewise, you can penalize yourself for not achieving them too
It might be simply cooking more healthy meals at home, or fitting more exercise into your daily routine, forming healthy habits takes time and effot, but it can be done. These habit tracking apps are a good start, but if you’d benefit from getting a little bit of guidance from someone in person, reach out to one of our Personal Health Educators today.